True Relationships and Reproductive Health in partnership with the Australia Forum on Sexuality, Education and Health (AFSEH) are organising a teacher led forum to be held in February 2016.
Date 18 February 2016
Cost This is a non-profit event; however a small fee may be charged to cover the cost of venue hire and light refreshments.
Venue Brisbane (TBA)
Note: Registrations will open in November 2015
Earlier this year, a national forum discussed relationships and sexuality education in schools as an important form of violence prevention.
Discussion centered on:
- Schools as platforms for violence prevention work
- How schools can reduce children’s vulnerability to bullying, emotional violence, violence, sexual abuse and assault
- Whole of school and community-wide approaches
Participants at the forum requested another event with a longer time frame that is teacher-led.
Teachers, principals, school nurses, youth workers, researchers and anyone interested in expanding community based responses to violence prevention and child protection
Submitting an expression of interest to present
We are calling for speakers who are willing to share their contemporary approaches to relationships and sexuality education.
In your expression of interest please provide:
- An abstract (maximum 300 words)
- A brief biography (maximum 200 words)
- Details of how long you would like to present and the workshop/facilitation approach you would like to use
- Any other requirements or considerations
Expressions of interest
Please send your expression of interest by COB Wednesday 14 October 2015 to
Please contact Rebecca Johnson
P 07 3250 0240