Home » Posts tagged 'events'
Tag Archives: events
True Relationships and Reproductive Health in partnership with the Australia Forum on Sexuality, Education and Health (AFSEH) are organising a teacher led forum to be held in February 2016.
Date 18 February 2016
Cost This is a non-profit event; however a small fee may be charged to cover the cost of venue hire and light refreshments.
Venue Brisbane (TBA)
Note: Registrations will open in November 2015
Earlier this year, a national forum discussed relationships and sexuality education in schools as an important form of violence prevention.
Discussion centered on:
- Schools as platforms for violence prevention work
- How schools can reduce children’s vulnerability to bullying, emotional violence, violence, sexual abuse and assault
- Whole of school and community-wide approaches
Participants at the forum requested another event with a longer time frame that is teacher-led.
Teachers, principals, school nurses, youth workers, researchers and anyone interested in expanding community based responses to violence prevention and child protection
Submitting an expression of interest to present
We are calling for speakers who are willing to share their contemporary approaches to relationships and sexuality education.
In your expression of interest please provide:
- An abstract (maximum 300 words)
- A brief biography (maximum 200 words)
- Details of how long you would like to present and the workshop/facilitation approach you would like to use
- Any other requirements or considerations
Expressions of interest
Please send your expression of interest by COB Wednesday 14 October 2015 to
Please contact Rebecca Johnson
P 07 3250 0240
Save the Date
Australia Forum on Sexuality, Education and Health (AFSEH)
1st National Conference
Equity and Justice – in gender, sexuality, education and health
22-23 November 2015
University of Western Sydney (Parramatta campus)
Keynote speakers include
Simon Blake OBE
Chief Executive Officer of the UK National Union of Students, formerly Chief Executive Officer of Brook – the health charity for children and the National Children’s Bureau’s Sex Education Forum
Lobbyist, ‘out’ sex worker, harm reduction advocate and sex worker rights activist for more than a quarter of a century. Director of Urban Realists and founding member and first coordinator of the AIDS Drug Information Collective (now NSW Users and AIDS Association)
- Health and education – working together for equity and justice
- Digital cultures and youth – rights, ethics and responsibilities
- Intersectionality, sexualities and genders
- Communities, parents and sexual health – whose rights?
- Sexual health and the Australian Curriculum – where to now?
- Gender, sexuality and rights across the curriculum
- Youth-led initiatives – local and international perspectives
- Popular pedagogy and informal education
To register your interest in participating, please contact Jawed Gabriel J.Gebrael@uws.edu.au
The 1st AFSEH national conference is supported by:
The Centre for Educational Research and the Sexualities and Genders Research Network,at the University of Western Sydney; the Arts and Social Sciences Practical Justice Initiative and the Centre for Social Research in Health at UNSW Australia; and the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at La Trobe University,