Home » Posts tagged 'hiv'
Tag Archives: hiv
Save the Date
Australia Forum on Sexuality, Education and Health (AFSEH)
1st National Conference
Equity and Justice – in gender, sexuality, education and health
22-23 November 2015
University of Western Sydney (Parramatta campus)
Keynote speakers include
Simon Blake OBE
Chief Executive Officer of the UK National Union of Students, formerly Chief Executive Officer of Brook – the health charity for children and the National Children’s Bureau’s Sex Education Forum
Lobbyist, ‘out’ sex worker, harm reduction advocate and sex worker rights activist for more than a quarter of a century. Director of Urban Realists and founding member and first coordinator of the AIDS Drug Information Collective (now NSW Users and AIDS Association)
- Health and education – working together for equity and justice
- Digital cultures and youth – rights, ethics and responsibilities
- Intersectionality, sexualities and genders
- Communities, parents and sexual health – whose rights?
- Sexual health and the Australian Curriculum – where to now?
- Gender, sexuality and rights across the curriculum
- Youth-led initiatives – local and international perspectives
- Popular pedagogy and informal education
To register your interest in participating, please contact Jawed Gabriel J.Gebrael@uws.edu.au
The 1st AFSEH national conference is supported by:
The Centre for Educational Research and the Sexualities and Genders Research Network,at the University of Western Sydney; the Arts and Social Sciences Practical Justice Initiative and the Centre for Social Research in Health at UNSW Australia; and the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at La Trobe University,
“… I want to talk about ten ways in which the modern reality of HIV has changed, because I think, for a while, the mainstream media and heterosexual community more or less tuned out from following the changing landscape of HIV treatment and prevention.”
Are you ready to tune back in?